Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Stronger, Harder, Faster...Ish?

"Tomorrow is...simply put: another day to do better than yesterday."

And.

"The key to true happiness is to lower your expectations."

Two very strong ideas that I believe in, but two very opposite thoughts.

The antithesis of the other.

Quote 1:
I agree. It's quote like these that gives me drive. That makes me want to do my very best. To improve in every way every day - physically and mentally. Tomorrow is...another day to workout harder, to dress better, to meet new people and gain more ideas - make more connections, to learn new foods/cultures/lifestyles/philosophies - to become more open minded, have new conversations, see new things, develop ourselves on all levels.

It's what makes me look forward to the next day - because there's so much more I CAN do. There's so much more that CAN happen. The opportunities are simply ENDLESS!

But at the same time...those opportunities...indeed ARE endless...and can get a bit overwhelming to the point where you could end up disappointing yourself a bunch if those heights are not achieved in ways which you had intended.

Which brings us to...

Quote 2:
I was hanging out with a bunch of CKI alum's the other night and someone mentioned this to me. And I was literally like...O_o???? Interesting...I've never heard of it that way.

But it made so much sense because you know...sometimes you can build up so much expectation for someone -- be it yourself, friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, family members, chair members, pets, etc...that you become so...disappointed.

So, it's better to be just satisfied without any desire for more or less. It's a peaceful way of thinking.

So - now I ask YOU this question: how do you strike the right balance between drive and contentedness?

I for one think this is just another one of those "shades of gray" parts of life. And I don't really need to pick between the two. It's a little bit of both that make me who I am. A little bit of this and that which shapes each of our lives.

But still...intriguing, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment