Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Monday, June 1, 2009

A Transformation of a Day's Worth of Feelings

Sleep
So I slept about...11 hours last night. Which is A LOT. Haha. Typically after 7 hours my biological clock will wake me up, but I guess I was really drained from weekend activities. Plus, I've read in various health articles that your sleep pattern will be chaotic if you don't stabilize them. That is, if you want your body to function appropriately, you should be trying to sleep at the same time every day. Yep. So, weekend activities tend to throw off sleep patterns...as I'm sure many of you are famliar with!

But, sleep is good. =). Obviously. Ever since classes finished up in December, I've been getting 7+ hours of sleep a majority of my days and going to bed less stressed. Sleep -- it does wonders for the body and soul. They weren't wrong when they coined the term "beauty sleep". *nod*

Getting Your Hands Dirty
The first thing I got to doing after waking up was getting to fixing my bike. I broke the valve...yet again...>.<...the other day, and unfortunately bc it's one of those prestor valve things I had to go buy a completely new tube. The tube itself cost $5.99. And the guy was gonna charge me $10 for labor. So, I decided forego the cost and have a go at it myself.

After...a few hours of miserable frustration, running around lookin for that little bike tire taker offer widget thing, a you tube video, and consulting a friend, I finally was able to do it! And so, I'm pretty darn proud of myself! This probably sounds pretty lame to all you biking geniuses out there, but...man...what a feat! Haha.

I must say...there's an amazing high when you struggle with something...no matter how small the project...and then finally get it =D! And the sensation seems to be even greater when your hands literally get dirty...woooo.

Apple Upside Down Cake
Yes, you heard right =). Apple. Not pineapple. I helped my brother (the culinary school graduate) prepare this delicious smelling cake today. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it tomorrow...

Oh..and now I'm hungry again...Go figure >.<

Up, Bride Wars, and Other Movies
Watched Up on Saturday with my brother. It was very cute! I cried in the first 10 minutes! But..that's all I'll say on it so as to not give too much away...but yea...go watch it! Pixar never fails imo.

Rented Bride Wars from Red Box today. Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson are great together! Definitely got some good laughs in. The end was a bit...of a cheat I think, but...all in all a sweet movie. And made the "marriage" thing pop into my head a bit. Haha. Thus my facebook quiz if you saw that.

Other movies that might be fun to watch comin up:
  • Fame (the previews totally leaves you wanting more!)
  • Post-Grad (with that Gilmore girl girl...this movie seems like my current life!)
  • The Proposal (for sure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment