Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gratitude.

I think I have taken some very important people for granted in my life, and so this entry is dedicated to the people who truly have made an effort to reach out to me when I've needed it most...even if I didn't want it.

1) Mom: You call me ALL of the time. 24/7. It bugs me. Because you make me feel like I'm still a baby. You make me feel like I've done something wrong with my life, but in my mind...I think I've come a long way and have yet to do anything tremendously horrendous that has made my life gone completely astray. The only things I've done...even if it's beyond the "norm of your traditions" are things that I feel I am passionate about or things that I feel are worth while in my life. But, Mom, I know you do it all just because you care...but sometimes, you just need to trust that I will be ok.

2) My friends who have been checking in on me to make sure that I'm still alive and doing well via a random text/IM/call here or there....you know who you are...

No matter how busy we get or how caught up we get in some other aspect of life...it's like..we never left each other. Even if it's just for a few moments or..hours...I just want you to know....I appreciate every little effort you make. It's people like you that make life worth living. It's people like you that...despite the fucked up economy, incontinency of relationships, mis-understandings of family, and all those other "down-times"...it's YOU...you crazy...honest...beautiful...genuine souls...that piece it all back together.

Alright. I'm gonna go way out on a limb and be EVEN mushier than my usual self (ha!)...but seriously...SERIOUSLY.

Each of you guys are unique in your own way...but common charateristics that I feel I truly see in you which I will always cherish from now until I die...are the following...which make you the creme...of the creme of the brulee's!:
  • Genuine
  • Honest
  • Blunt
  • Intuitively Weird/Silly/Goofy/Dorky
  • Off-the-wall
  • Wipe my tears away with something deep or stupid.
  • Give-it-to-me-straight-and-tell-me-how-it-is-no-matter-how-much-it-hurts-for-my-own-good-worthy.
  • There for me when I need you...even if it's just a virtual hug or kiss...
Thank you...for being so beautiful.

Please don't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment