Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Compliments

Digging deep into my philosophical brain and heart, I think I tend to compliment people a lot for 2 reasons:

1) It makes them feel good.

2) It makes me feel good to see that it makes them feel good.

Quite often I find that a majority of people don't take the time nor find the need to express their gratitude. Or maybe they just have some odd un-affectionate way of expressing it. But it bugs me when people take things for granted and neglect the beauty of those around them.

IE: Parents. Often, they get so busy tending to work that they're constantly telling you what to do rather than "good job" or "I'm proud of you". Or a boss who makes you grind 40+ hours a week without a single "keep up the great work!". Or a boyfriend who has glazed the fact that you've worked out all day or styled your hair differently neglecting to say "you look gorgeous today."

Perhaps I am just venting or wasn't hugged enough as a child.

One way or the other, I think making a point to compliment someone everyday is a great way to spread the love that is needed so much more in this dark world.

Whether you are complimenting..

...a friend, "Hey! You're such a great listener, and I'm glad I have you to talk to <3"
...a child, "Thanks for cleaning the dishes!"
...a stranger, "That coat looks ravishing on you!"
... or heck..even yourself!, "You look stunning today!"

I strongly believe it's totally a day-maker.

Life would be so much beautiful if we each strive to do so much more often. *nod*

Perhaps, we all could use a little Validation in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment