Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

There is hope.

A friend once told me, "There's a blue sky above the clouds."

Probably the best way someone has ever phrased positivity with such a simplistic metaphor.

Quite often...people are perplexed by why I smile so often...so much.

Maybe it's the happiness within Kiwanis that has engraved its optimism within my soul for the last 10 years.

No...that can't be it. Just part of it. Because my cousin tells me she's been playing the "I bet you can't stop smiling!" game with me since way back when.

Hmmm...

I dunno. But regardless...stuff happens...

Things beyond your control. Things that you may have had control over, but somehow slipped...

Mistakes. With serious consequences.

And when crap like that happens...will you still have the courage to smile?

Your life can change in an instant.

But...deep down inside...I'm still the same person. Right?

Just...wiser? Been there. Done that. Resilient.

On the bright side of things...through these tough situations, you realize who your true friends are. Who's really going to be there for you when you don't have the power to smile anymore. The people who are really going to give you a reason to smile again...

And then of course, you start really thinking about the things and people that REALLY REALLY matter. Like, the important stuff in life you need to focus on.

*slow nod*

C'est la vie.

Life is too short to regret...but long enough to make smarter choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment