Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Monday, August 2, 2010

A weekend of Namaste

Just got back from Wanderlust -- a yoga retreat held in Squaw Valley, CA. It was mostly for work, but I thankfully had the opportunity to embrace the atmosphere :). There's something intensely special about being in the middle of nature where your pure intention is to focus on your inner being.

With that said, I internalized quite a bit in the last 4 days (which somehow feels like a month...) and would like to share with you my newly discovered thoughts and revelations:

THOUGHTS:

1) "Stop waiting for happiness."
- So often in our lives we wait for the future to be happy. Whether it's that perfect job, relationship, special occasion, etc., we fixate on the tomorrow's and what is to come. But, we need to stop waiting. And seek happiness from within today. ~ Love Meditation

2) "60 seconds of being angry is 60 seconds you will never get back."
- The time you spend being angry at someone, stressed, or upset is better spent being relaxed and relieved. Breathe deeply. And let it go.

3) "Trust the energy. Lie back. And receive."
- Sometimes we try to give so much of our emotions to satisfy others. We are intuitively givers. You can search all over the world to find someone who is the most deserving of your intentions, but then you'll realize, that it's really yourself. Trust the energy -- and be the receiver for once.

SELF-REVELATIONS - Gail today: Epiphanies after 6 hours of driving, 4 days of yoga mantras, running at high altitudes (feelin like your lungs are gonna burst), eating uber well, working hard, and sleeping little:

1) I've got an old soul. Physically, I'm 24. Emotionally, I'm 34. And I love it :).

2) I'm idealistic and not very grounded in reality, and pretty darn proud to say it! Because I am capable of still holding onto it in a world where many have lost it. I've come to understand that life is not perfect and that shit constantly happens (and will continue to happen!), yet I NEED to believe that everything will be ok and that ultimately things happen for a reason. When I feel overwhelmed by my problems, I NEED to look up into the sky and realize that my problems are minuscule to those of the vast universe around me. I need to learn from my mistakes, traumas, and each and every experience and failure - I NEED to iinternalize them into something more beautiful and meaningful to me. This is how I cope. And to me, this is my 'ideal'.


3) I'm a home-body. Somehow staying up late and running a muck isn't that appealing to me anymore. Must be the old soul thing.

4) My greatest personal weakness is lack of patience. Which is the root of many, many things I need to polish up in my life.

5) I am in love with earthy people :). I am in love with one-on-one conversations about emotions, internal turmoil, and epiphanies.

6) These are my revelations as of today August 2, 2010 based on my experiences and the people whom I have connected with greatly in the last year. I may change in the next year with new experiences and people that I come across, and that's ok. I welcome it with open arms.

Evolution of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment