Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Crossing Paths

You will come across a billion people in your lifetime.

You will talk to maybe....10% of them.

But how many can you actually say you've created a relationship with?

My life...as I'm sure it has been for many of you...has been entwined within Kiwanis...and has been touched by a handful of selective faces.

To my graduating seniors -- you will ALWAYS be the reason that the 2006-2007 UC Berkeley CKI Board was as extraordinary has it could have ever been.

But most importantly, you will ALWAYS be a large part of who I am today.

I'm lucky. To have met each of you. To have developed friendships with you on all levels.

I'm grateful. That even until today we still can reminisce about yesterday. And dream about tomorrow.

I'm glad our paths have crossed, and I know they will continue to do so in the many years to come - no matter where you guys are - be it in person, gchat, phone, email, or even a simple facebook update/message. I look forward to seeing you all grow into the amazing and inspiring leaders I know you each have been empowered to become.

You know...just about a year ago I remember having a conversation with a good friend about "fate" and how if things are meant to be, they will be. That is, if our paths will cross again, then it will. So let it be.

However, after beating the topic around a bit, we came to the conclusion that...you know what? It's really WE who will MAKE our paths cross.

Luck will always indeed play a factor, but I strongly believe that determination and will power is what fuels the opportunity of that chance to even take place.

That is my belief.

And, gosh, you know. You never know who you're going to meet in your life time. And what impact they're going to have on your life, but I've learned that...if you go into meeting people with an open mind and open heart, I think you'll learn a lot about...everything...especially yourself...just by listening. Or...observing. It takes a bit of risk to make yourself vulnerable to opening up yourself to someone and letting someone open themselves up to you...but I can definitely say that this is a risk I'm willing to take for there could be nothing else more worthwhile.
...

Cheriz, Joe, Alex, Amy, James, Kathleen, Diep...man...I'm really gonna miss you guys. But hey -- please know that you all truly! really! make me proud and happy like no other.

The greatest service you can do in this life...is to touch someone's life.

So thank you...for touching mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment