Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Knee Pain

My knee has been hurting in waves since the marathon. (It came about a few days after the marathon).

The pain started in my right foot (it hurt to walk) and now the pain is definitely in the right knee. It hurts when I walk up stairs. And it hurts mostly when I walk down stairs. Extending my knee hurts. It goes away sometimes momentarily (like after I sleep), but then the pain comes back at by the end of the day. Sharp, pinched pain around my right knee. (The internet says it could be Iliotibial Band Syndrome or..."Runner's Knee").

It's been hurting since last Thursday. It's been 6 days and the pain hasn't subsided.

Why am I posting this on my "inspiration" blog? For three reasons:

1) BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR BODY and WORK IT OUT. Please please please please for those of you who don't work out as much as you should...if you are not injured, PLEASE exercise. My knee has prevented me from running or doing any type of real cardio in the last 6 days and OMG...my body is craving exercise like no other. I NEED to sweat!

Please exercise if you don't have any legitimate injuries! Be good to your bodies!

2) There are other people out there in this world who have greater injuries, who still are able to stay fit and workout -- I need to keep this in mind and not let my knee get in the way of staying fit...must find other ways. Must must must! Will will will!!!!

3) Doctor. Health Insurance. This knee pain is a sign -- inspiration to get health insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please pain -- go away, so I can resume my normal activities as usual.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you have a blog! Thanks for your wonderful comment, my love! Sorry we haven't got together yet. I'm busy this month with apps and moving in with David...but September?

    Funny you're telling people to work out. I just joined Bally's yesterday! Which is kind of whatevers because I've had a gym membership since I was 15. But the really cool part is I paid for a personal trainer! 4 sessions for $150, not bad! I think this will help me work out a lot. And David has a Bally membership, so we'll do it together. I'm going to Canada in October and I want to look good in my Vietnamese dress. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized you're not Cheriz. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete