Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Home Is Where the Heart Is
















For the longest time I was certain that I wanted to go as far as possible. Live anywhere...BUT here.

I was born in San Francisco. I went to elementary school-college in Berkeley.

I've been wanting to get out of this bubble SO bad. Change. Scenery. People. Lifestyle...me.

But on Sunday, August 16th...as we were driving back up from KDCON in San Diego, and I saw the sunset along the 5...and as we made it onto the 880 just as the night fell...I realized...

"Home is where the heart is."

When you look up in the sky here in the Bay Area...you can see the stars brightly.

You want nature? Go hike at Mt. Tam.
You want bougie? Just cross the bridge to SF and shop at Bloomingdales or hit up Infusion.
You want diversity and culture? It's here.
You want amazing food? It's everywhere here!
You want clean air and drinkable tap water? Right here baby!
You want history? Here.
You want reliable public transportation? BART. AC Transit.
You want political/liberal? You're here.
You want bodies of water and bridges? It's here!
You want gorgeous weather where you go through all 4 seasons in just one day? Here here here.

And the list goes on.

Now...I'm not opposed to moving if the opportunity comes along -- IE: if a career with great benefits were to call my name towards another location. I'm not opposed to change. I'm not opposed to traveling. In fact. I'd LOVE to see the rest of the world! I LOVE the feeling of getting on a plane and seeing new cites and experiencing new adventures.

But, I just want to say that...

For once in my life...I can say with 110% assurance...that the Bay Area is the most amazing place on earth to live and to love. And this...is MY home.

1 comment:

  1. Although I know how you feel. Sometimes it's best to stay where you're comfortable. If you feel like you belong somewhere, then you belong there. You'll be sure to find the perfect place for yourself.

    I've tagged you in my A-Z Tag. Please come to blog to collect and pass onto 4 of your friends!
    <3

    ReplyDelete