Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Maintaing your shine in a rusty grown-up world.

Let's face it.

Reality...can be pretty darn ugly.

Check out some of today's headlines in CNN:
  • Purpoted bin Laden tape: Obama can't stop war
  • Body found in wall may be that of missing Yale student
  • Kanye West grabs Swift's mic at MTV Awards
  • Girl, 12, forced to marry dies while giving birth
  • Pregnant teen, shot, and killed at bus stop
And that's just a few selective headlines....along with usual -- the economy sucks and global warming is creating this funky ass weather.

And through all of this, we try to stay positive by telling ourselves that...

"There will always be good and bad days."
"Everything happens for a reason."
"In the end, everything will be ok."

But I will be honest with you, it's hard to keep your head up when you're constantly being knocked down.

When a majority of things around you (well...at least the things the media seems to want us to focus on!) seem to be falling apart.

It's like...applying for jobs. And getting rejected a couple 40+ times...and still trying to maintain your positivity and integrity every time you step in to the next interview to remain motivated. How...how do you do that?

It's like I've forgotten what it means to be idealistic anymore.

There's a reason why I don't particularly like reading the news and becoming vastly involved in politics. It's not apathy per say. It's...gosh darn it! I don't want to pop my happy bubble. Why can't we all just get alonngggggggggggggg?! (That's pretty naive isn't it?).

So let's face it. This is reality: The world is never going to change. And I have no control over anyone except for myself.

And I must... must maintain my shine.

It starts from within. And it only gets harder. But, that's when I need to try my hardest. And be resilient. And keep my heads up. And realize that I'm trying the best I can, and if results aren't showing...try harder! And be a little bit more patient.

And that's the purpose of my blog: "Live to Love. Love to Live." Mental getaway? Sure. But more importantly....a place where I can turn the shitty into witty. (Haha...)

It comforts me atleast...to know that...there are people...like Kiwanis. Circle K. Key Club. Volunteers of all sorts. Who continue to push through the negativity and TRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment