Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Insert Creative Title Here

Song of the Day: "Live High" ~ Jason Mraz

...
Live high, Live mighty.
Live righteously takin it easy
Live high, Live mighty.
Live righteously.
...

Journey to the City
38L - Geary to the 22-Filmore to the 14 - Ferry Plaz. Today I ventured through the city as mentioned yesterday dropping off resumes in person. Ironically, I didn't feel like SF was as receptive to me as LA...but nonetheless I'd like to think it was worth the effort making some face to face connections while getting to do some good ol' fashion site seeing on foot =).

Pretty darn spectacular things I saw today:
  • The 22-Filmore bus ride down Filmore to 18th and Mariposa: really neat urban area with lots of random, diverse shops.
  • Awesome view of the city/Bay Bridge on top of Portrero Hill (or...a random hill at the top of Portrero and 18th Ave.)
  • Random kitty cat sitting in a tree O_o...the cat ended up following me for a block. Very cute!
  • The compact office space of Adina. I ended up dropping off my resume with the CFO. That was pretty neat =).
  • Women's Resource Center which consits of some pretty awesome women empowerment organizations -- such as Girls On the Run and GirlVenture (I think this is the place where part of the scene in "Kaden" from LUNAFEST was filmed!)
  • The Landmark building on Market and Steurt Street near the Embacadero. OMG. This building is uber kewl!!! You know those scenes in movies where a bunch of business people are coming out of a building??? This place was it! Granted...it was near lunch time which I'm sure is the reason everyone was coming out all at once. (I'll dwell more about this later in this blog) .But man, 10 story high building. Del Monte Foods (the company I dropped my resume off at) was on the 10th floor and wow. Those offices. Really neat! *shakes head in awe*
  • The Sports Club of LA -- I didn't even know it existed in San Francisco. Lo and behold...there she was. Smack dab in the middle of Market.
All in all, yes, today was a good job hunting day =). Which brings me up to application/cover letter #37.

San Francisco vs. New York (Random comparison based on today's
There are a lot of similarities...
  • Big city
  • Lots of people
  • Business Center (SF - Market/Mission's Financial District. NY - Wall Street)
  • Diversity
  • Culture
  • Urban lifestyle
  • Hobos galore
  • Shopping!!!
  • Lots of things happening 24/7
  • Damn good food.
  • By a body of water/bridges.
Differences
  • SF's transportation is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY cleaner. Haha. Though...NY's substations are pretty darn efficient...time wise. Once you've figured them out.
  • NY has lots of hot dog stands and vendors....everywhere.
  • I think SF has way more asian people per square mile. Where as NY has way more...all races per square mile. I guess you could say NY is more diverse...perhaps because it's closer to the Atlantic Ocean...?
  • I think SF is more...chill. NY is like...super speedy. Everyone's constantly rushing everywhere.
I think I'd like to dwell in either places eventually =).

I Will Always Be in Awe of Business People
I've mentioned this a few times randomly to exclusive people, but I think I can share with the world now that...I have a fetish for business suits.

Why? Because I'm attracted to ambition.

Ambition inspires me. A desire to succeed in life or something in life or to develop a passion to the extreme is super dedication - and that's hot.

And business people tend to be the "icon" of ambition. Thus...this fetish.

Why do I say this? Because when I stepped into The Landmark today my mouth pretty much dropped in awe. All of those...people in suits.

There were alpha women...everywhere! Pencil skirts, blouses, neat/stylish hair in heels and briefcases. They embody...power! Success. Drive. Goals. A "I'm not going to take that shit" kinda attitude.

And that's where I hope to be in a few years...*hopeful glee*.

So here's the plan, aiiighhhttt?

  • Today: 23 years old.
  • 5 years from now: I'll be 28 years old and I'll be one of those amazing women walking out of those buildings. In heels heck yea. Doing what? A Director of Marketing of some sort of amazing place I can believe in of course!
  • 10 years from now: I'll be 33 years old and I'll be on the start to owning my own gym =).
And in between, enjoy life's every day wonders. Mwahahaha.

That's the plan.

It's gonna happen. You just watch.

I WILL make it happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment