Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Random note before I head out.

Firstly...

This is how we do it, it's Friday night!!!


Haha.

Ok. Now that you've enjoy that old school goodness, let' us quickly debrief on the concept of going to bars, clubs, and happy hour in the eyes of the asian parent:

"You're never going to meet any one decent while drinking!" my parents like to tell me before I head out.

Au contra ire dear parental unit.

Studies have shown that those that venture out to happy hour tend to do successfully better than those that choose not to.

Why? Because at happy hour you have the opportunity to:
  • Network beyond office hours (you'll be surprised as to how much is discussed outside of "work" hours. I know this from CKI...your job/passion becomes 24/7 and you can't stop thinking and talking about what you do or plan 24/7).
  • Develop yourself socially, and therefore your people skills.
So, this is my own-going negotiation with my parents I just wanted to share with the world =).

No comments:

Post a Comment