Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A balloon and its string

A great friendship is like a balloon and its string.

When my string is gone, I am floating alone...aimlessly. I go and I go -- sometimes up and up, sometimes down and down -- I just keep floating along. Everything becomes almost automatic.

But then we meet up for a meal or even just an IM or a short "hello!", you tie me down momentarily. And I thank you for that.

I think the most valuable friendships are the ones where...you don't need to talk every single day because even when you are apart or don't talk for a few days, weeks, months, or even years...it only takes a few moments to get back into that same groove and niche again.

And to remember that the reasons you're such great friends is because of that connection you guys have that will never change - under any circumstance.

It's nice to know that...when everything in life is changing - for the good or the bad... someone will consistently be there to remind you that...you're alright and everything will be ok.

1 comment:

  1. gotchu gail!!! do you know the song gravity by sara bareilles? it's so good and sorta along these lines :] i posted a cover of it on my blog you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete