Welcome - A Place to "Un-Vent".

The purpose of this blog is to jot down all of life's blissful moments - happy thoughts, passions, inspirations, why your day went swell, things to be grateful for, random things that just make you feel justified, satisfied, confident...just darn great!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Take a Breather. And just...enjoy life's precious moments.

There was a brief moment today when all of the thoughts in my head dissipated - in the Kid's Club section of 24 when this incredibly adorable little kid attempted throwing the nerf ball into a mini hoop.

Despite missing the hoop by a long run, he had such a huge grin on his face that could have brighten up anyone's day. A few more attempts to make the basket, except he kept missing. The little nerf ball rolled out of the play area, and so I picked it up and tossed it back to him -- instantaneously a smile was shared in return.

Pure. Youthful. Happiness.

---
Leslie came to visit me today at work. Took a one hour lunch break to catch up. :). It's been too long, and I need to remind myself that no matter how busy I am...it's essential that I make time for the people I care about. If it weren't for them...well...what's the point of even working when you have no one to spend money with? LOL.

---
RUN.

After the Kiwanis and CKI meetings tonight, I decided to run the Bay trail between Berkeley and Emervyille around 8pm. Felt a bit tired, but somehow...ironically, doing more physical activity helps wake me up!

The run itself felt good. Though, it was only about a 30 minute run back and forth, I felt strong. And despite this huge mosquito bite that is swelling on my right foot...I ran through the slight pain and still felt good!

As for the atmosophere...sun setting along the horizon. Water sparkling. Smell of the ocean. Gorgeous. Took a few moments to just sit and the edge of the path gazing into the sun set. Letting thoughts just flow. Closing my eyes and just detoxing. And realizing that life is way too short and there is just way too much in life to enjoy and opportunities to seize in the MOMENT to be worrying about the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment